Lawrence Custer Grasmick Jones & Donovan, LLP is a small, independent, and thriving water rights law firm with a growing practice. We specialize in water rights law and litigation, special districts, real estate and property law and related matters. We pride ourselves on our more than 50 years of collective experience and our expertise to provide our clients quality and cost-effective representation. Our success as a firm stems from our client-focused approach that is collaborative and solution driven. We work hard to create an environment which promotes mutual respect, integrity, transparency, and teamwork.
We are currently seeking a Legal Assistant to join our growing team. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated professional with 2 – 5 years of legal assistant experience. Primary responsibilities include assisting attorneys through the performance of complex secretarial/administrative duties including scheduling, pulling, saving and filing pleadings, file management, and overall office support as needed. In this position you may support 1 – 3 attorneys, communicate directly with the Court, clients and experts, and provide additional support when others are out of the office.
• Schedule meetings and deadlines and manage attorney calendars, including sending invitations and reminders when needed
• Assisting lawyers in preparing, drafting and compiling documents for transactional closings, depositions, hearings, trials and conferences, proofread and edit drafts
• File pleadings using the Colorado Court CCE system
• Pull pleadings and court filings and be responsible for independently filing the pleadings, calendaring deadlines and providing copies of pertinent pleadings to the client and their expert engineers
• Create attorney time entries and invoicing for clients
• Preparing documents for notarization
• Assist with preparing exhibits, charts and diagrams to display information
• Assist in legal research and gather pertinent factual and supportive information
• Assist with case management and drafting court motions or pleadings.
• Attend and support attorney’s at trial
• Save, organize, and manage records electronically.
• General office support including answering phones, checking supply inventories and requesting re-orders, making service calls, sending and delivering mail, scanning, making copies, greeting clients and ensuring office is neat and orderly for clients.
• Basic communication with opposing counsel, or opposing counsel’s support staff, such as for scheduling meetings and providing or requesting documents.
Education, Skills & Experience
• Paralegal or legal assistant certification or equivalent experience preferred
• 2 – 5 years’ experience as a legal assistant
• Excellent MS Office skills
• Outstanding organizational and time management skills
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• High degree of discretion and confidentiality
The Firm offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including a compensation range of $26 to $30 per hour, depending on experience. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, 401(k) with company match.
This firm is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity. It does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, sexual preference,
This is not a remote position, however, in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the firm’s staff and attorneys continue to offer a flexible work environment in accordance with state and local health expert recommendations. Everyone’s goal is to again be in the office together once it is safe to do so. At that time, the work environment will be that of a typical office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please send cover letter, resume, and writing sample to:
Best You Career Advantage